What if I have allergies or am on medication?
Always make me aware of any and all allergies and medications as this determines what products I will use on you during the facial. Ifyou are using an Keratolytic medications ( Retin-A, Differin, Accutane, or any other medications or skincare products that cause skinexfoliation), please let me know prior to starting the facial.
What kind of products do you use in your facials?
It depends on the client what products I choose. But the professional lines I utilize are: Lira Clinical, Osmosis, Le Mieux, and Skin Scripts
Do I need to do anything to prepare for my facial?
- If possible, please arrive with no make up as the removal eats up your treatment time. Otherwise, no problem, I will remove it for you.
- Please arrive at least 5 minutes before your appointment time so that we can start your facial on time.
- Plan to silence your cell phone and put that zen killing device away! You are coming in to not only treat your skin but to treat and calm your mind. If you are clutching your cell phone for dear life the entire facial, then you are depriving yourself of some very needed quiet time.
Will I break out after my facial?
My goal, of course, is to minimize any post facial breakout as much as possible. That said, if you have a lot of extractions, it is quite possible that you will experience some breakout within 48 hours of your facial. The best thing to do is book your facial about 7 days before any special event so that your skin will have had time to recover and look its best.
What do I need to do after my facial?
- No tanning for about 24 to 48 hours after.
- No exfoliation or masks at home for about 48 hours after.
- Do not go to the gym or workout immediately after a facial. It's best to wait 24 hours.
- Do not apply any Retinols, Retin-A, topical medications to the face for 24 hours.
- No steam saunas 24 to 48 hours after.
How often should you get a facial?
Every 4 to 6 weeks is ideal for most. If you are doing a series of Microdermabrasion or Rezenerate, you will want to come in every 2 to 3 weeks for a series of 4 treatments.
I don't know which facial I need...how do I choose?
No worries. Your best bet is to book the Signature Facial. Then, once you come in, we can discuss what will be best for you and your skin.
What is microcurrent and does it hurt?
Microcurrent is a gentle electrical stimulation resulting in temporary lifting and tightening of the skin. Results from 1 treatment will last anywhere from 24 - 72 hours. It is a very comfortable experience. You may feel a slight prickly or tingly sensation and a bit of warmth.